- Today is 3dp3dt and I am freaking exhausted and feeling like crap. I am assuming that it’s the progesterone shots in my ass and the estrogen patches stuck to my bloated stomach since it’s too early for any real symptoms. But basically I am hugely bloated (I did not realize it was possible to be this bloated, ever), nauseous at times, and I want to go to bed at about 6 pm. A little part of me
wondershopes if it could be more than the progesterone supplements, would love for that to be true. Anyone else have such a drastic reaction to PIO or symptoms this early?
- My ass hurts. We have been following Risa’s wonderful steps for PIO injections, but I don’t think I walked around enough after the last one in my left side and now every time I sit down it feels like someone has punched me repeatedly. Awesome, but totally worth it if this works.
- Work. I love my job, but I had to take quite a bit of time off for this whole IVF thing – and now that I am really back at work the last couple of days have been pretty intense in catching up.
- The remaining 2 embryos our of our final four/quad squad didn’t make it – so we don’t have anything to freeze. Amazingly I didn’t freak out when my nurse called to tell me (she sounded like she thought I was going to have a breakdown). Since they were only 4 cells on day three I wasn’t really expecting much out of them (hoping, but not getting my hopes up). Right now I am focused on the two that are inside me and not going to worry about what happens next until I have to – which is totally unlike me, no idea where this zen like acceptance is coming from.
- I am optimistic about the two that are hopefully multiplying and grabbing ahold of a spot or two in my uterus. I repeat a mantra every few hours telling them to grow and hold on, those little future troublemakers had better be listening and doing as they are told!
Will catch up with more tomorrow and the riveting details of how I am feeling as we move into 4dp3dt. Also thinking of bringing back my infertility challenge questions as a way to pass the time (ha, who am I kidding) during the agonizing 8 days left of waiting.