Hello from Europe! On my way home today but wanted to take a moment to accept this lovely Liebster award from An Airman and a Doctor. I am humbled and honored, thank you so much lady!
And now onto the questions:
- Did you “play pretend” as a child and what was your favorite character?
All the time. I didn’t have a favorite character but I did have a favorite pretend game. We lived on the back of a pretty large natural area (large to me at the time, probably not now) and we played explorers looking for the magic treasure. The game had all kinds of rules and was an entirely made up set of steps and signs that had to be followed before you could make it to the real treasure. I remember collecting a lot of magic stones and twigs which would surely point the way. I don’t remember if we ever got to making up what the real treasure was, but the hunt was a lot of fun.
- What was/is your favorite job and/or position?
I have two – one is my current job. I run product management for a portion of a software company and I love my team and the challenging problems we get to solve for our problems with really cool technology. The other is a job I had in college – I bar tended and waitressed for a malaysian restaurant / gay bar (funny combo, I know). The food was so amazing (have I mentioned I love food) and I loved mixing drinks and meeting all kinds of fun people.
- What is your favorite form of exercise (if you can find the time/motivation to do so)?
Hot Yoga – specifically Vinyasa flow. It is an insanely good workout and just makes me feel happy and at peace after it’s over. I am not allowed to do it throughout lots of the shitty IVF process so I also do running and take classes at the gym.
- What is your favorite book?
I have two – one that was my favorite throughout high school – The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemingway. And the other is a bit of a cliche – but all of the Harry Potter books. I love me some Harry Potter.
- Do you have a favorite season and/or holiday?
Christmas is my absolute favorite (although Christmas 2013 I would like to forget). I love the lights, the parties, the rituals and I love buying presents for people.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
I don’t have one specifically, but collectively it would be going to and watching Denver Broncos games with my dad. He is gone now, but that time spent every Sunday yelling at our team and celebrating when they did well is just such a large part of my childhood and my relationship with my dad. I still miss him every day, and it’s especially felt on Sundays during football season.
- Do you live close to your hometown and, if not, do you visit often?
Honestly, I’m not sure I really have a ‘true’ hometown. I was born in Colorado and lived there for some of my childhood (minus one year in Oklahoma). From there we moved to Texas and then I was in England for high school. England always feels most like ‘home’ to me when I’m here, I think that is because high school is just such a formative time. My family is in Denver and the rest of Colorado and if anyone asks where I’m from I say Colorado, so that probably is my main hometown.
- How many siblings do you have?
I have one sister, she is 3 years younger than me. Our relationship is a complicated one, as we have very different personalities, but I do love her and her beautiful 2 and a half year old son.
- What super hero powers would you like to have?
That’s easy, hands down, flying. I don’t really love heights but I assume if I could fly I would have no fear of heights. I just think it would be so awesome to be able to travel the world without having to sit in airports and on planes for hours and hours.
And now for the super fun part – the nominations! I have so many wonderful blogger friends in my life through this community but wanted to nominate a few that are having an incredibly shitty time right now in the hopes that it will brighten their day and a few other lovelies that I’ve been close to for a while:
Failing Baby Maker – A true soulmate in this journey, she is having a horrific time right now with an ectopic after IVF. I hope when she is feeling up to it this award will brighten her day.
In Quest of a Binkee Moongee – Another lady who has been with me for a while on this journey. She is also having a crap time with seeing two double lines for the first time, only to have it ripped away.
My Hope Jar – One of the strongest ladies out there, she has suffered and survived so much with such strength and hope.
Work is for Suckers – My sock buddy and fellow lover of amazing food – Megs nominated me for a blogger award very early in my blog and I’m so happy to return the favor!
And here are the rules:
If you choose to participate (and you don’t have to, no pressure at all) here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions that I give you below:
- What has infertility forced you to learn about yourself, is there one thing that you can take away that has been a positive from this journey?
- If you could pick one meal to have, from anywhere in the world, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- If you could live anywhere on this planet, and take everything that you love with you, where would you choose to live?
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?
- What was the best day of your life and why?
- What soothes your spirit when you are unhappy or in a bad mood?
4. Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)